Full-Time Gallery Manager
Work with a small, fun, tight-knit team in a quaint little town with beautiful glass art and fun classes.
We would love to talk to you if you have:
• Prior experience with small-store retail sales and the ability to create a welcoming, engaging atmosphere for all gallery visitors.
• An upbeat, positive, outgoing personality
• Ability to work independently as the only person in the gallery
• Ability to keep tasks and projects moving forward even with frequent interruptions
• Ability to follow directions but also think on your feet and make suggestions for improvements
• Art by Fire is seasonally busy, so you need to be comfortable with both slow and crazy-busy days. Slow days are used for marketing and projects.
• Presentable and professional dress and grooming
• Stellar attendance
• Ability to lift 25 lbs and climb a step ladder occasionally
Art by Fire is a glass gallery and school. We sell our blown and sculpted glass art and offer classes in glassblowing, team events and parties. We are looking for a gallery manager or assistant with potential to grow into the manager role.
• Work in the gallery greeting people and assisting them, answering phone and emails
• Gallery displays and cleaning
• Sign new pieces of art, make price stickers and update inventory in our CRM system
• Fulfill orders for our online shops and assist with listing product in our online shops
• Assist with marketing and execute social media campaigns on Instagram and Facebook
• Comfort with a PC environment and entry-level Microsoft Office skills required
• Photography skills for candid social media posts a plus
Working hours: Wednesday / Thursday 10:45-6:15, Friday / Saturday 10:45 - 8:15, Sunday 12:45 - 5:15 Occasional early weekend mornings required for town festivals.
You are on-call and paid during your lunch and breaks in the gallery. You will have lunch and breaks in the office but they may be interrupted by customers. In that case you will just extend your lunch or break time to make it up.
Refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave are available.
Pay is $19/hour+ depending on experience and skills.
Benefits: Paid time off, 401(k), Employee Discount